Monday, February 15, 2010

Trucks and Flowers...

What a weekend.. Relaxing and fun all into one.. It was really odd not having to do Basketball games on Saturday, so my sister and brother in law took the 3 boys to see the Monster Trucks.. Troy and Courtnee went and ran errands, and that left me all alone... *SIGHS, SMILES* Don't get me wrong I love my kids, (A LOT) but that was the nicest thing I got this weekend was some "me" time.. I went and got a manicure, browsed through Seagull Book, and refreshed with a 44 oz. Diet Coke.. AWW it was sheer bliss.. Saturday night, Troy made us his famous pizza, and we just chilled.. Sunday was a yummy breakfast, off to church then home for some more R&R... I tell you it was so nice not to have to be anywhere or do anything.. :) Today was a holiday, so again nothing really on the schedule.. Although I was desperately trying to find my happier place from Saturday as I awoke to World War 3 in my bedroom.. Kids, kids, kids...

Here are just a few pics from our weekend.. The boys loved the MT, and really loved the Motocross racers there too.. The trucks were a tad loud for Jade.. :)

Nancy with the kiddos..


My boys.. :)


Got their earplugs in.. :)


This was their favorite truck.. All I heard about (and am still) is Gravedigger.. :)


And how Gravedigger did a back flip.. :)


This little blur across the screen was the Motocross guy.. Crazy!!


This is Madusa, funny thing when Cole was like 3 and played with Monster Trucks he always called this one "Mom-dusa." He was loving seeing Momdusa again.. :)



Pure exhaustion after a busy day!!


Pretty flowers from Troy & Courtnee.. :)Love them!


Cole snuck the camera today to get a picture of his trucks.. Cutie.


Thanks Nancy & Levi for taking the boys, they had a great time... (I can't wait for that baby to get here, so I can do a bit of spoiling of my own..:) Thanks family for making this weekend fun.. Love ya!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was lots of fun. love those kiddos.

Anonymous said...

they have a fantastic aunt and uncle. they truly love spoiling those kids. and of course, the kids are worth every minute that is spent with them.

Casey said...

Sad I missed out on the pizza!!!!! I am sure I would have found a way to worm myself over for a piece:} Your time off sounded great too! Maybe you can work a few more hours of that in this week so we can go see Valentine's Day!

kris said...

I got some alone time at home this weekend too...it was so nice!!!
Sounds like a great weekend. I'm excited for Nancy and her hubby, that's so great!

kimbob said...

Sounds like a nice time for you. You have great kids and just hope one day my kids will do for me just a little of what yours do. Thanks for the AHA too, sometimes it's hard to remember or look but it's a great reminder!