or in my case some days, lack there-of... A few weeks ago, while browsing around the book store I found this book... It seemed to jump off the shelf and scream, "BUY ME!" I did, and I have found it to be very profound.. The book was called Simplify by Carloyn J Rasmus... Wanted to share just one of the messages that she talks about...
"From personal experience, I know it is possible to make time to be alone and to find a place where no one will interrupt you-even in your car, if need be. But it requires a conscious decision to do so. When you are still, wonderful things will begin to happen in your life. You will have an increased sense that as you care for the life of your soul, other things that seemed overwhelming and difficult will diminish."
This was a powerful dose of reality for me... Some days I can't help but feel totally overwhelmed... I realize that life as a mom/wife is just that way sometimes, four kids later, and some days are just a blur.. I love my kids more than anything, but am totally in love with the idea of a little "me" time.. Wow who would have thought, that by taking care of me, everything else would just fall into place.. (Someone whom I just adore, told me this same thing recently. hmmmm :)
Absolutely love this quote...
"We need to build ourselves spiritually. We live in a world of rush and go, of running here and there and in every direction. We are very busy people. We have so much to do. We need to get off by ourselves once in awhile and think of the spiritual things and build ourselves spiritually. If you have a study at home, lock yourselves in it. If you have a place in the basement where you can be by yourself, go there. Get by yourself and think of things of the Lord. ... Just meditate and reflect... about yourself and your relationship to your Heavenly Father and your Redeemer. It will do something for you." President Gordon B. Hinkley
I am loving the idea of learning (slowly but surely) how to Simplify.. :)
4 months ago

4 comments:
what a great reminder! I know I need to do that more and have been having a hard time lately with patience. I just need to walk away sometimes and regroup. Thanks again!
thanks for sharing!!! those are some profound words to live by. i have never thought i needed alone time, just need to keep running the race!!! think i probably need the whole book!!! :) again thanks
Amazing--love all of those ideas!
love it!!
Post a Comment