Tuesday, October 5, 2010

In Stitches...

I knew it was bound to happen.... Laying on my bed watching conference I hear...
Cole - "Mom.."
Me - Ugh "what"
Cole - "Mom, come here,"
Me - Sigh, OK "where are you?" no answer...
I find him on his bed with a towel over his hand, which was covered in blood... I asked him what the heck happened and he tells me he was just rubbing his thumb on his dresser and cut it... As I peel back the towel, I KNOW that is not what happened... So I ask again, what happened, looking around for the culprit of the cut.. Poor kid was so scared, he tells me he was just trying to get the tape off his dresser, with his brother's pocket knife... I felt so awful because it should have never been down where he could access it... He had even got band aids to put on it.. Sent Courtnee to find Troy to see what he thought... We both decided that it probably needed stitches, so off we went... 3rd trip in 8 days... Of course same Dr.. I joked with her telling her that we should just rent a wing for our own personal use.. :D He was so tough and strong, no tears, even when they numbed it up to stitch... It made me sick to even watch.. He watched them do everything, and never shed a tear... What a trooper... Although he was not as happy to be at the Dr. as Jade was, couldn't even get a smile out of him..

Sitting and soaking...



Waiting for numbness..



All stitched, and steri stripped...



All done...



Even though it has been a rough 4 weeks, I am so thankful for modern medicine and amazing Dr.s, who have helped 3 out of my 4 kids feel better... :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have gone many years to have NO stitches at your house!!! hope that things start to settle down, and that you can meet new friends somewhere besides the ER... you are a brave boy cole, stitches in the finger hurt!!!

JenB said...

Cute seasonal backdrop to your blog!

Stitches are harder on my nerves than a broken bone! Luckily, we've only had to deal with it once (if I don't count hubby! I didn't see him until he was back and stitched up).

Courtney ... stay strong! You do NOT need to compete with your brothers! Stay healthy :)

kris said...

let's hope the craziness gives the Gunderson's a break for a while ;)
Miss you!