Sunday, August 15, 2010

My Sweet Mom...


A very happy birthday wish to my Mom, my friend.... A few of my favorites about her...

M is for...Mom... She is the bestest Mom... I am so grateful to her for all of her sacrifices she has made for me and my family... I love that she is the reason I am who I am today.. She has taught me some amazing things in my life, and yet I turn to her daily for more advice.. She seems to always have the right answers to make me feel better... I am so blessed that I have her in my life not just as my Mom but as my best friend... :D
O is for...Obliging.. Seriously one of the kindest people I know... Always willing to give of herself to others.. Whether it be a meal, a card, a chore, a phone call, etc; She truly is kind to the depths of her soul.. Always putting others needs before her own.. I love this about her!!
M is for...Mentor... So many people look up to her, respect her and value her opinion... Mom, you need to realize this MORE!!!!

AND...

G is for...Grandma... My Mom is the best Grandma ever... Whether it's sleepovers, lunches, doing puzzles, shopping, taking them to run errands, camping, fishing, hunting; there is no limit for her... If the kids suggest it, she is on board... I love the relationship she has with each of my kids.. So special and so bonded... I can only hope to one day be half the grandma to my grand kids that she is to my kids.. :)
R is for...Respect... I have never seen my mom disrespect her family, her friends, her kids, her parents, her co-workers.. I love that my mom shows so much respect for others.. :)
A is for... Amazing... My Mom is the most giving person I know.. She never stops giving of herself to others.. She has the biggest heart, I just wish she could see it!! :)
N is for...Nimble.. Love that she is so smart about everything.. Love turning to her for advice, always makes me feel better listening to her wisdom.. :)
D is for...Diligent... Hardest working Mom I know.. She has been from the time I can remember.. She works and works hard.. Not a lazy bone in her body.. Even in the last two months with a broken back, she was slower but not stopped... I love that she taught her kids how to work for what they want.. I love you for this Mom....
M is for...Merry... Love it that she is so much fun to be around... She can always make me laugh, I completely love her personality.. :)
A is for...Accomplice.. Love that she is not only my Mom but one of my very best friends... Sometimes, even my partner in crime... ~wink, wink~

I love you Mom more than you will ever know.. Thank you for all you have given me, and taught me.. Here is to another year of happy times... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are sooooo kind, thanks for the nice words... there is no greater joy than that of being a mom and grandma. love that title... love you!!!

Courtnee Jane said...

SO TRUE!!! I love you grandma..more than you know! I hope you had an awesome birthday!! And it took me a minute to get the partner in crime thing..heheh i get it now(; i love you!