Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Grandpa..


Today I want to wish my Grandpa a Happy Birthday... Some of my favorite memories about Grandpa growing up..

- One of my favorites would have to be when I was little and we would come out to visit them, he would have me go into his candy drawer in his room and get me and him a candy bar... Which was awesome but the best part was that I got to eat it in front of all of my boy cousins, and they got nothing... Man did I eat that up.. :)
- The many camping trips sleeping in the motor home, especially to Camelot..
- Deer hunting, walking for hours after Grandpa dropped us off and seeing nothing, only for him to drive down the road and kill a buck.. :)
- The car wash, loved it that my grandparents owned a car wash..
- The way Grandpa makes all these gadgets to make life easier...
- I love the way they always go way out in decorating for the holidays..
- For as long as I can remember I have loved the smell of Grandpa's pipe.. :)
- The many family reunions.. :)
- I loved it every year when we would have a Christmas party in their basement, Grandpa would sit at the bar and video tape everyone... Still love watching his home movies..
- The times in my life when I needed help and Grandma & Grandpa were there.. Loved that!
- Grandpa was always a big tease (still is).. :)
- Old Yellowstone, just saying that makes me think of my Grandpa.. Grandpa fishing, kids swimming, walking the pipe and writing our names on it.. Good times.. :)
- Grandpa making us his homemade parfaits.. :)
- The way he still takes the kids out and shakes the walnut tree so they can gather them up.. :)

Grandpa I hope you have a great birthday, thanks for giving me so many great memories... Love ya! :)

0 comments: