
Well we (me, my mom and sister) started our Labor Day weekend with our annual tradition of Salsa making. We picked, bought and organized everything Thursday night, so by Friday morning we were neck deep into tomatoes, onions and peppers... Now having made salsa every labor day weekend for the last 10 or so years, I have to say that this was the smoothest of operations, the less messiest, the fastest it has all came together and by far the tastiest yet... SO yeah for that... I love homemade salsa, but its not the easiest process in the world. So I am always so happy when we are done and have the mess all cleaned up... We finished in record time this year, all done by Saturday at 4pm. We ended up with 125 quarts and 20 or so pints.. Not too bad for a few amateurs... :)

Cole also started tee ball this past week, and since we are still trying to adjust to him trying to like Kindergarten, I was a bit nervous. He was not sure if he was going to do it, but being the nice mom I am, I loaded him in the car and told him he was doing it... After we were there for a few minutes, got his jersey and he saw for himself it really wasn't scary, he was actually liking it... Can I just say that I have not seen any sport played so darn cute(if a sport could ever be called "cute"). The kids had no idea what to do, when to do it, or even how, but it was so cute watching them... Kids were running every which way, and nobody cared.. That's why I loved it. Everyone played, everyone hit, everyone ran, and everyone had fun... Gotta love that... :)


2 comments:
Sounds so yummy. I too loved it when my girls were in T-Ball. Megan played soft ball this year, and that was fun to see her grow into that.
Ok, first of all, my blogs are all backwards, second your salsa looks absolutely delicious, do you share your recipe? And third, gotta love t-ball. It rocks, not to mention, how darn cute he looks in his helmet. I always think my kids look like a lollipop in theirs. Hee hee hee. Love ya,Keri
Post a Comment