Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Kindergarten...


Well I am happy to say that Cole and I both made it through his first day of Kindergarten. He was so excited to start, but also very nervous... He woke up so full of energy, ready for his first day. He wanted to ride the bus, but I convinced him to let me take him the first day(pictures of course). We had a deal that if he went and was a big boy and didn't cry, he got a pack of Pokemon cards....I think he was way more excited about getting the Pokemon cards than he was about school... He was a little bit sad before we left for school, but was so brave when he went to his class... I told him I would be waiting outside when he got out, so after school he begin to tell me that I lied to him... I said "what do you mean honey, I was outside when you came out just like I told you I would be", and he goes "well when I went outside to recess you were not there!!!" My bad, I guess I should have been a little more clear to him, that I would be there when he was all done with school...Apparently he thought I was just going to sit out there for 3 hours and wait for him.. Silly kid... He did better than I anticipated, and for that I am so proud of him. I know having Courtnee there to look out for him, the rest of the week will be better... :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think that is fear i see in his eyes!!!! i cannot believe he is in school, he has grownup way to fast. enjoy jaden, won't be long and he will be there too. you have awesome kids, love them all. but of course they have awesome parents - they are so blessed. love all of you.

Anonymous said...

Just wait until your youngest starts Kindergarten...I bawled like a baby when Baylee did, and now she is gone all day. I did not realize he is only a year younger that Baylee....not even that I don't think. They grow up fast don't they!

Casey said...

I love how hard Cole was trying to be brave:) He is such a sweet and tender little guy. He will do just fine.