Well we made it an entire week with no tears before school, no tears on the bus, no tears waiting for his teacher and not one emotional break down (him or me), so I hope we are on the fast track for liking Kindergarten :)... He did however get a chance at school to find out what "think time" was...Now I am not 100% clear on exactly what "think time" is, but I have a pretty good guess, and from my other kids explanation of it, not something you want to get.... My older 2 children have not gotten "think time" in 5 years and somehow my 5 year old is on his 5th week of school and manages to get it... Somehow I just knew that if one of my children were going to have "think time", it was going to be him.. And when I asked him why he got think time, he just said "well mom it wasn't my fault." Of course it wasn't, how could I have even thought that it was his fault (wink). We did have a little sit down chat on this one though and mommy made it very clear to him that this was not an acceptable behavior for him, and that it had better have been his first and last time in "think time." Here we go from hating school to being in "think time" all in one week.. Does it get any better than this???
On a happier note, this week he has been feverishly practicing writing Courtnee and Stocktons's names on everything he can find to write it on, and so last night as he was laying in my arms sleeping I was noticing his arm... Low and behold it was Courtnee and Stockton's name (in permanent ink, no less)... I just love his eagerness to learn how to write :).. That's my Colie Wolie...
Now tell me how you can resist this face?
2 comments:
gald to hear that there were no tears this week, that's great!
Hey at least he's learning how to spell some names! :)
Post a Comment