Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Costume Gripes....

As we started looking at Halloween costumes for the kiddos, I have to say that I am really disappointed in the selection for the "tween" girls... We went to a Halloween store and in the entire store found 2 costumes (Dorothy or Little Red Riding Hood) that Courtnee could actually wear.... I have no problem with women's costumes that show some skin, but I don't understand why the teen costumes have to be the same... I do not believe that in order to have a cute costume you have to compromise the amount of material used... Someone needs to make some "tween" costumes that are appealing to the teen girl and yet cover some skin.... I would love to know if anyone knows of anywhere to get such a costume.... I might just have to buy her costume from the boys department or I may have to call on my mom to break out the ole sewing machine and hook us up.... :) ARGH!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey if it comes down to where I dont have a costume, I will be a hippie. I have to admit that it was funny!:):):)

Anonymous said...

Amanda, you should see some of the costumes for the little girls even.....like Baylee's size. I often wonder how Halloween turned into such an "Adult" holiday. Good luck on finding one, you would probably be better off making one!!

kris said...

That's funny...Paige wants to be Dorothy this year. I was all for that! I may have to break out my sewing machine...

Anonymous said...

the sewing machine is ready, lets go get the material and make her whatever she wants to be!!!!!

Keri said...

I dont know what you are talking about, little girl costumes are just as bad. Hee hee hee. I end up making ours almost every year. Totally understand. Wish we were closer, I could totally help you out. Remember the days when you put on all kinds of stuff and great hair and make up and went as a punk rocker? Well, thats what I always did. It was fun, cheap, pretty much free.

Keri said...

Thats funny, I just read that Kris's girl was going as Dorothy, both of my girls are going as Dorothy, I have to make the costume, but I think it will be funny to have a chocolate and Vanilla Dorothy. Hee hee hee.