Friday, September 26, 2008

Villiage of the Trees

We were able to sneak away this past weekend for a fun getaway. My aunt owns this amazing RV resort up in Idaho and invited us up for the weekend. It is right on the Snake River (hence the fishing), and is just beautiful... My cousin and his family who live in Idaho, met us up there to hang for the weekend... I wish we lived closer to them and could see them more often.. It was great fun seeing them again.. It was a little bit cold the first part of the day, but then warmed up for the evening... The kids had so much fun fishing, riding in the golf carts, chasing squirrels, and well just being kids... My Aunt has these ice creams in her store that look just like a frozen potato (if you didn't know better you would think you were eating a potato) that were so yummy, thanks Aunt Colleen for introducing them to us....Nancy and Levi were nice enough to let us borrow their tent and air mattresses... It was the first time in a tent for all 6 of us... The kids were beyond thrilled to be sleeping outside in a tent. Although it dipped a bit colder than I had packed for, (not enough blankets) we still had a blast... As we were cleaning up to come home my kids were already asking me when we were going back... There will definitely be more trips for us up there. It was a nice little getaway for us. Thanks everyone for a great weekend, and thanks Uncle Doug & Aunt Colleen for having us, it was tons of fun...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great tiem we had, thanks colleen and doug for sharing your place with us.

Anonymous said...

That was super fun!!! I want to go again soon!!! :)Court

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fun time too!! Would love for you to come and visit, and we would for sure take you to Estes Park!! Can you believe I went digital....I love it. I bought a new camera, a Cannon, for only like $150!!