Monday, September 8, 2008

Scottsdale or Bust...

I was able to sneak away for a few days last week with one of my best girlfriends for a getaway to Scottsdale... What a trip... I have to say I was so impressed with how pretty AZ is, and how landscaped all the roadways are... No ugly weeds like we have here...



We started it off by taking a scrap booking class at an amazing store in Mesa, taught by Janet Hopkins... We made these cute 10 things books... It was loads of fun and provided some great ideas for future scrapbooks... It had to be by far one of the best scrapbooking stores around... :)



We stayed in Scottsdale at the Four Seasons, and really the only word to describe that was Bliss... It was a little slice of heaven... From the ginormous bathroom, to the flat screen TV, the turn down service, the breathtaking views, the fab pools (yes I did say pools in the plural form), the private cabanas, the pillows, the comfy bed, the view from our patio (you get the idea).... (Thanks Casey for suggesting we stay here)...




We were able to hang out with another one of my BFs Kriston while we were there (man I sure do miss her). It was fun to see where Kris lives, her cute house and for her to show us her favorite hang outs, stores, her domain I guess. The barbecue place rocked and the lemon cake was the bomb, not to mention the great scrapbook stores.... :) The only thing that would have made that visit any better would have been for it to have lasted longer, we tried to convince her to have a sleepover with us, maybe next time... :)

We were also able to hit a few faves we don't have here too. The PB Loco store was so cool, I never realized how many different flavors of peanut butter there are... Since my husband and kids are all PB fanatics I had to stock up. Another sweet spot we hit was a cute little cupcake store called Sprinkles... Absolutely gorgeous cupcakes, (kinda bummed with the taste) regardless it was an awesome store.... :)

It was a much needed break for me, and I can't wait to go again... It was an eat too much, laugh til you cry, relax til you fall asleep trip, that I will forever cherish. Thanks Casey for sharing it with me... :)


Only a small glitch at the airport coming home, when my banana peanut butter was confiscated at security.. Who knew PB was considered a liquid and a threat to flying... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds so fun!! It sure is special to have such wonderful friends, and to share such good times with! How neat that you got to go away for awhile.....who doesn't need that every now and then!!

Keri said...

That is great, glad you got a vacation. Makes you appreciate your family all over again. I have heard some wicked things about moms with peanut butter and banana stuff. (JUST KIDDING) They really need to figure out what the real problem is, and who its coming from. And leave poor moms who just wanted to take a treat to their family alone. Love ya, keri