Thursday, July 29, 2010

Octogenarian...


This is one of my most favorite pictures of my Grandpa... Handsome fella isn't he.. :)

My Grandpa turned 80 today, what an accomplishment in life to achieve... Some of my favorite things about Grandpa...

G is for... Gagster... Not very often does Grandpa pull jokes on people, but when he does, he always wins.. Love it that even at 80 he is still a kid at heart.. :) So many good times with Grandpa playing jokes.. Water fights with him are infamous, and you will never win one...
R is for... Resourceful... I love it that my Grandpa is so smart... He knows a lot about everything... :)
A is for... Achiever.. Love that he is a go getter.. Has been his whole life and he taught that to his kids, who in turn taught their kids... Nothing my Grandpa could not or would not have done! Love this about him...
N is for... Number ONE Grandpa... I love that Grandpa Jones was really the only Grandpa I knew growing up, and that I always knew he loved me... I was a tad spoiled by him for a few years, being the only girl.... I have so many amazing memories of my Grandpa and I am so honored to be a part of his life, and to call him my Grandpa.. :)
D is for... Dad... I am so glad that he was blessed to have my Mom as a daughter.. What a great gift, I feel so lucky to have her as my mom. I am so thankful for the gift he gave me, my Mom... :)
P is for... Pipe... I have always and still do love the smell of my Grandpas pipe.. Takes me back to my childhood... :)
A is for... Adamant... Have to say my Grandpa has a bit of a stubborn side (wink,) which he may or may not have passed on to some of his kids (wink, wink,) but I love this about him... I love to tease him, just when I know he is being a tad stubborn.. :) Love you Grandpa!! :)

Hope you had a great day!! It was an awesome party, glad we got to share it with you...

Here is how you blow out 80 candles!!!! Go Grandpa!

0 comments: