Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sad...

I guess the saying "A mother is only as happy as her unhappiest child," is so true.. My little Cole has been so dang sad (in regards to school) the past 2 weeks.. I feel like we are back to the first day of school.. He is always the happiest, energetic most vibrant kid, except when it comes to school.. He has called me every day, with something new wrong with him.. Granted on his behalf he did have 2 nasty ear infections and a nasty cough, but I didn't think it was enough to make him like this.. It just breaks my heart every day sending him to the bus with big tears... I wish I could do something for him, to ease his unsettled feelings...I talked to his teacher (who is AMAZING, a true blessing for Cole) tonight at Parent Teacher Conferences, and she said he is doing awesome, he has friends, does well on his school work, listens well... Just sad.. We both agreed that he isn't confident enough with himself in his school work and maybe that's what's making him sad.. Crazy he can call me sobbing, I go get him and by the time I get there he is laughing and smiling.. I decided today when he called me, well when his teacher called me to tell me how sad he was, that I was just going to have to let him figure it out... One of the hardest things I have ever done, broke my heart... Oh I sure hope he can find some happiness at school... Sad kid = Sad Mom.... Hating sad right now!!! Any ideas??

1 comments:

JenB said...

That is heartbreaking. I was so worried about my kindergartner, but he's doing well. He doesn't love school, but I'm not getting calls. Good luck, I hope it works itself out.