I finally decided to do it.. To make my blog into a book.. I have heard about being able to do this for a long time now, but never really checked into it.. I found this awesome website, http://www.blurb.com/, downloaded the program and started to edit... I was a little overwhelmed at first, not because it was hard, but because there were so many things to choose from, fonts, colors, backgrounds etc.... So I began to edit, changing fonts, rearranging pictures, making pictures the right sizes.... When I first started I had chosen the 12x12 book, but decided after about 40 pages into it that I wanted a smaller book... Yeah, you have to start with a new book, no changing sizes once you start, just a little FYI....Three weeks later I was done.. I had put my first 2 years of blogging into a book, a journal per say... I absolutely love my scrapbooks, and love making them, still!!! But the blog for me is more of a journal, a day to day record of our thoughts and sometimes it's the little things that I forget to write down... It turned out to be about 175 pages... I think I did the 8x10 size and with shipping and everything it cost me around $50.00, gotta love the online coupons.. =) I cannot wait to see it and will post pictures as soon as I get it.. Excited to get started on my next book.... =)
4 months ago

3 comments:
I think my sister did this with her blog too. A blog really is like a scrapbook, so it's great to have it in a physical form as well as online.
i am so excited to see it. technology has taken scrapbooking to a new level!!!! 2 years of memories for $50, i know you have more than that in your scrapbooks. and the journaling will mean so much to you and your kids as time goes by.
I'm looking forward to seeing it too!
Post a Comment