Thursday, April 22, 2010

Update...

We were able to take advantage of a cancelled appointment and take Cole into a pediatric dermatologist at Primary's... Yeah... She really is the best around. We took Courtnee to her when she was about 2 to have a bunch of water warts taken off... First we saw her helper/resident... And the first thing she says to us, is "well you need to make sure you are moisturizing his skin..." NO WAY!!! He has had this since he was one, and golly gee I never thought of putting moisturizers on his skin... OK, I didn't really say that but I thought it, but as my sister in law said they probably have a few not so bright people come in who really would have never figured that one out, so they probably say that to everyone... :) I forgive her... She and the Dr. both agreed we are doing everything right, and that it is something we treat but he will probably never be rid of it.. Bummer... We were able to get something to help him stop itching at night and help him sleep (we will see if this works, I am not convinced there is anything that will help that...) They also gave us a stronger creme for his "thicker" patches... The Dr. also told us to put a little bit of Clorox in his bath water twice a week to help kill all of the germs.. They also gave us some stuff for his bath that helps with the itching and soothing called "tar"... Kinda freaked me out to know he will be bathing in tar, but if it helps I am all for it... Now if I can just find a pharmacy that can get it... I also went and stocked up on Cetaphil creme and Cetaphil soap.. They said to keep using Aquaphor with the steroid creams, but the Cetaphil will help in the mornings, so he isn't going to school looking like a grease monkey... Sigh.... I hope this helps him.. We go back in a month, if things aren't looking better... Let's cross our fingers, THIS will be the answer...

2 comments:

JenB said...

Hope something works. My #3 seemed to grow out of his skin issues, I keep hoping #5 does. Luckily, his rash is pretty much confined to his legs and doesn't seem to bother him too much.

I've found the best price on Cetaphil cream at Sam's Club. I use it every night on my feet.

Water warts huh? Also called mollusca ... we've had our share of that too!

Good luck with your grease monkey tar baby! Something has to help, right?

kris said...

Good luck! I hope it works for him!