Friday, April 16, 2010

Poor kiddo...

Poor little Cole has had eczema since he was a little baby, and every year I keep hoping he will grow out of it... Well, it hasn't happened yet... In fact his skin the last 2 months is worse than I have ever seen it... I have tried everything under the sun to help this kid.. I have done everything the Dr.s have said to do... Although there is one thing they have suggested that I will not do.. His Dr. suggested we soak his pajamas in icy cold water and make him wear them to bed, icy cold and wet... WHAT!!! I would never do this to him.. I can't even imagine wearing icy cold wet pajamas to bed... His itching is keeping him up a lot of nights, scratching until he bleeds, 100% miserable!!! I wish a million times over I could trade places with him.. I hate seeing him so sad... Tonight when I was "greasing" him up he said to me, "Mommy, why do I have to have this bad rash all of the time? How come nobody else has it? I really hate itching all of the time, Mommy..." It literally broke my heart... :( I snapped some pictures after getting him all greased up tonight.. Amazingly enough it looks better after greasing... I am stumped at what to do for him, there has got to be something.... I guess it's back to the Allergy Dr. and Dermatologist.... Anyone have a cure all miracle???





4 comments:

Tara L. said...

So sad. Poor little guy. My almost 2 year old also has eczema. I have tried everything (not the wet ice cold jammies) but everything else. It is so frustrating. If you find a cure let me know. I will do the same.

JenB said...

My #3 had eczema really bad when he was a baby. #5 has a spot on his leg that we've tried everything too.

When Callahan had super bad athlete's foot and we had tried the doctor, dermatologist, insta care, etc. we finally took him to a ped. derm up at PCH. Dr. Vanderhoft (801-662-1603 if you were interested, I would really recommend going to a specialist). A new medication and it cleared right up (wasn't really athlete's foot). I've been meaning to get baby up there to check on his leg, but have just never gotten around to it. Callahan still has some issues with his hands cracking and such. I'm pretty sure these are my defective genes at work (I had lots of eczema issues growing up too).

Anonymous said...

so sad for him. bless his heart, he just doesn't complain much. hope you find a good doctor soon, that can help him. love ya woley!!

kimbob said...

My son has a form of eczema and it's almost like little blisters which can spread. He has them on his arms and a little behind his knees. Unfortunately it even passed to his brother only 1 big blister. The Dr burned the bigger ones off and gave us a cream but I need to be more diligent at making them put it on. Actually need to take my younger one in to have his burned. He also said they could be squeezed like a pimple to help clear them up but they hurt my kids too bad. I still get eczema every one in a while and hate it!