Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Inevitable...

Well I knew it was bound to happen, but I dreaded the thoughts of it happening to one of my kids.. Stockton broke his wrist on Saturday.. Pretty bad break, clear through the bone and the growth plate, pushing the bone to the other side... He was playing football with one of his friends outside, just fell on it wrong and that was it... I cannot begin to tell you how many times he has fallen in Basketball, but has somehow avoided this... After a quick trip to Instacare (mostly for pain medicine) we were off to Primary... It really killed me to see him in so much pain... I think by the time we reached PCMC he was going into shock.. They were so amazing there, from putting in his IV to feeding him a Gatorade before we left... We were so relieved that he didn't have to have surgery, and that they were able to set it while we were there... They sedated him, set it, wrapped it and he was done.... OK not quite that fast, (6 hours later) but they were awesome.... Now we wait for 10 days for swelling to go down and then we can go get the hard cast on.. His poor little fingers look like sausages today.. :( Poor guy... He is pretty bummed that he is out of Basketball for the season, and possibly next season too.. I know he is a tough kid though, and will bounce right back... Love ya buddy.. Here are some pics I took of our little experience....

The wrist right after it was broken. OUCH!!


So sad, waiting for a room at PCMC. :(


Love this pic, shows his big alligator tears on his cheeks..


Resting, waiting for the Ortho docs...


His wrist, right before they set it..


Waking up from sedation...


A little smile, still sleepy.. :)


His poor little fingers are so swollen too.. :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so proud of you stockton, you have not complained at all!!! you are one tough guy. hope you heal quickly and get back to basketball and forget about football!!! love ya tons,

Anonymous said...

OMG....OUCH!! Like you said, this is almost always unavoidable. Not looking forward to my turn!! I love all of your weekly pictures....wish I would have kept up with it....maybe next year..lol Thanks for sharing some insight into your daily lives. Love and miss you

kimbob said...

what a bad break! I can't believe it. My Cole broke his pinkie last Thursday and I realized on Monday I didn't take a picture so it's not as swolen now but should still take a picture to note it. Hope it heals quickly!!