Friday, November 5, 2010

A little boy...

And his dog, (OK well not really his dog, but his grandmas dog) is one of the cutest pictures I have taken lately... I have never EVER seen one of my kids take to a pet of any kind.. Couldn't be because their mom or dad have never even given the idea of having a pet a second thought, wink!!! But when my mom got her dog, Littlefoot, Jade was just a baby... So he has grown up around her... This kid loves this dog more than anything... He will let her lick him, (he calls it kisses,) he shares his food with her (yes even his suckers) and he even tries to hold her like a baby.... She has never bitten him, and secretly I think she loves all the Jaden attention... Littlefoot will probably, OK not probably, for sure be the closest thing my kids will ever have to a pet... :) I know I am such a meanie mom... I told them when they are living on their own, they may have ALL the pets they want, as for now unless it's stuffed (as in stuffed animal) it's not coming to our house... But this picture does make my heart skip a tiny beat... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

not sure who loves who the most, little foot or jaden.. one of the best moments is when he gave little foot and drink of water out a bowl, when she was done he finished it off!!!! now that is LOVE... love the picture..

JenB said...

I feel the same way about pets (we've had a fish or two, and some hermit crabs). I'm NOT a dog person! I loved cats when I was young, I'm actually a bit surprised we don't have a cat, but it's just not for me now. You are not the only "mean" mom when it comes to pets! Our grandma has a couple doggies too, so the kids do get some dog time.