Monday, December 1, 2008

My Brother...

I am not sure why I don't talk about him much, and I have rarely mentioned him on my blog, and I feel bad about that.. It's not that I don't love or miss him, I do very much so.. We both live very different lives in separate towns and I don't get to see him very often but I have never stopped missing or loving him... With that said, I was able to spend Thanksgiving with him and I must say it just made me realize how much I do miss him. I wish he could see my kids more, and us see his kids. I miss him teasing me, and my sisters. I miss him being there for family dinners, for birthdays, for holidays.... Well I just plain miss him. It has been probably 10 years (maybe more) since I have spent Thanksgiving (or any holiday for that matter) with him, and I miss that... It is both of our faults that we haven't seen each other in so long... I guess we both have just gotten busy with life and have both been slackers... It was one of the best times I have ever had with him and his family... He was so cute with Jaden, taking him out and letting him feed his cows, letting him handle the puppy as he pleased... My kids (the boys especially) just love him... It made me realize that we do need each other in our lives, even though we have different lives, it is OK... We still need each other.. I know that it meant as much to him us being together as it did to me... We went up to the mountains and took some much needed family pictures(will post some soon).. It was awesome.. The kids were great, the weather was great and all of the pictures were great... Something I will treasure forever... My family said it well, that it was like "going home" for Thanksgiving, it really was... Thanks family for a wonderful holiday...


My brother and his cute family...

2 comments:

Jolynn and Zak McCormick said...

sounds really nice! His wife looks familiar..is she from Vernal?

Anonymous said...

what a great time was had by all. it was the best thanksgiving in years. it was nice to "be home" for holidays. thanks andy and allie and putting up with all of us.