Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Christmas (2012)

Since most of Courtnee's sweet 16 pics and all of Jade's birthday pictures, all of Thanksgiving and all of Halloween pictures are all still MIA, I will move to the few pictures I have of Christmas time. Most of them are of our little mischievous elf, Zippy. He had quite the adventures last year, causing quite the commotion. The best thing that happened last year at Christmas was, Courtnee and I were able to provide Christmas for a family who was in need of a nice Christmas. We shopped, we wrapped, and we really had a different outlook of what Christmas was really about. That was the best gift her and I received last year. It still warms my heart to think about. I hope we are able to do that again this year, as to me that is the true meaning of Christmas. Giving of yourself to others. As I sit and think about what I can get my kids this year, I cannot think of one thing they need, other than to serve others. I think I am going to arrange some service for my family. My kids have no clue how hard other families have it, I think it might just be what they need.
 
 

2 comments:

JenB said...

I remember you posted many of Zippy's activities to Facebook. I always think of you and your family whenever I see anything about Elf on the Shelf ...

Anonymous said...

I do not know of anyone that could not benefit from doing service for others.... Your kids will love it when it is all said and done...... You are a great example to your kids....