It really has not been the best of weeks for us.. Seems like one thing after another after another, and tonight this mom IS pooped.... Just a few recaps of the past few weeks... Ten days ago Troy started getting cankers and just not feeling good, he has always gotten cankers, they usually hurt 4 or so days and feel better... This time he had 30+ on his tongue and lips... HORRID!! Not to mention he had major allergies... YUCK!! We were thinking by Monday or Tuesday he would be feeling better.... In the mean time Jade got sick on Saturday, puking a few times, diarrhea, you know the fun stuff... But by Sunday he seemed fine... Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday he complained off and on that his tummy hurt and still had some diarrhea, but seemed fine... Being the great mom I am I figured he was fine... :) Back to Troy, by Wednesday night he was shaking from the pain in his mouth, he hadn't slept, ate or even really functioned for days... I had begged him all week to go to the Dr. but of course he wouldn't go. I finally called his mom and begged her to get him to go, and being the the great mom she was, she told him either I could take him or she would... So I took him in that night... 3 hours later, he had some Percocet for the pain (after I made him ask for some..) He was actually amazed how much it helped his pain (DUH..) I am so happy he was able to get something to kill the pain for a bit, it was just awful watching him suffer.. Hopefully he is now on the mend, but it was pretty horrific... Back to Jade, while I was with Troy Wednesday night, Jade threw up again... UGH... Nothing really horrible though other than the bad tummy ache... By late Thursday he was screaming from the pain... All night Thursday, crying, would not eat, or drink... All day Friday would not eat or drink... By Friday night I could tell that he was pretty bad, so Troy and I took him in... The Dr. immediately ordered a full bag of IV fluids... Told him after he ate a Popsicle or drank juice he could go home, he wanted no part of it... So she would not take out the IV.. Sent us home with it, and back Saturday for another round of IVs.... Mind you he had not peed for like 36 hours, with 2 bags of IV fluids in him... So scary... FINALLY last night he peed.... He drank here and there, and has finally started to get an appetite back... Today woke up with a fever, UGH!!! But by noon was almost back to his funny little self... And no fever.... I am so tired, and my sympathy meter is almost non existence.... What a whirlwind of the past few weeks... I am praying for a better week and for my baby to feel better... :) Thankful for great friends and amazing family... My sweet mom came today to take the older kids (didn't even ask her, she just showed up and said I am taking them,) so Jade and I could get some sleep... I needed that more than she will ever know.. Going for 5 days with no sleep is killer.... I tried to sleep when he slept but I was so worried about him, no such luck... :) Sorry for such a long post, probably lost everyone mid post, it was so boring.. :) A few pictures of his week...
He was so brave getting his IV, not one tear.. :)
He was so brave getting his IV, not one tear.. :)
Being so brave...
Loving the "warm" blankets... :)
He was so proud of his "cast," loved showing it off...
Day 2 of IVs, still never lost his sense of humor... :)
Sorry don't have any pictures of Troy's mouth... I couldn't even look at them, they made me cringe in pain.. ;)

4 comments:
so happy both daddy and jaden are on the mend... hoping you get a lot more rest this week... and PRAYING the rest of the family does not catch any of this!!!!
sorry for the sickies ... hope everyone is better soon!
That's so terrible! I pray everyone gets better really soon!!
oh man I'm out of the loop and been bad about checking blogs. I'm sorry for your round of sickness/Dr's at your house. I hope things start looking up for you guys. Did they ever figure out why your little guy was so sick?
What a great mom you have!!! Love you have family close by that helps just because!
Post a Comment