Let me back up a bit first and tell you a little bit about how it came to be... Some friends of ours lost their 19 year old son, 11 months ago in a tragic car accident... As they were trying to come up with something positive to do in his memory, they decided a 5K would be a good way to do so, and they would donate all of the money to his High School for a scholarship... Today at the race his mom was talking and said that they didn't want his last pages of his book to be his funeral, they wanted it to be something happy and positive... WOW... That was a tearjerker...
Yesterday my sister mentions this 5K, (mind you I had known about it for months) but I had totally spaced it.... I just felt this strong feeling deep inside that I really needed to do this.... So I signed up myself, my mom, and Courtnee, and along with my sister and my brother in law we did it ... We were all going to do this and do it together.... Now mind you I have not exercised regularly for a LONG time, other than the weekly hour lawn mowing's... I did not run, but I walked... I did not finish first, but I finished.... The whole night before, I kept thinking "what did I set myself up for?" But I had this persistent feeling in my heart that I needed to do it, for the Blackburn's.... When we finished my heart was so full, and so happy....Truly a life altering, humbling moment for me... Something I NEVER thought I could do, and when I wanted to quit, I dug a little deeper to find a little more... Thanks to my family for being so supportive and not letting me quit... What a fantastic day!!!
All of us and our good friends, the McAfee's...
Me & Court after we finished.. :)

4 comments:
this was one amazing experience!!! thanks for including me in it. i also learned that working out prior to the race, MIGHT make it a little easier. my goal was to finish and not die!!! goal accomplished. thanks again for sharing this great time.
that's great! Looks like fun!
You guys are so amazing!!!!
Way to GO!!!!! A friend of mine challenged me to run a 5K this summer. I rolled my ankle so didn't do it. But way to go! You did it and was a great support for your friends. How hard for them but what a good ending
Post a Comment