Tuesday, November 11, 2008

12 Years Ago...


I remember Troy and I wondering how we would do at the whole parenting thing, as we waited for Courtnee's arrival... Nothing about her birth was of the "norm"... She was breech and attempts to turn her were not successful so we were scheduled for a C-section... Never going through any of this before, I was terrified... She came to us 2 weeks early, as my blood pressure was getting too risky... I will never forget when they held her over the curtain for me to see for first time, it was definitely love at first sight, I couldn't believe that little angel was ours... She was truly a slice of heaven sent to our family... It's hard to believe that 12 years have passed, and our once baby girl is now a young woman... She brings so much joy to our family, she is truly a blessing to all of us... She is such a great help to Troy and I.. She loves her brothers (all of them most days), and is a very good example to them... She is so kind, and thoughtful, never mean to anyone.. I wish some days I could just stop time and savor every memory... I am so very thankful for her in my life... She makes our days fun and our memories cherishable... I just wanted to tell her Happy Birthday, and thank her for making my job as her mom so amazing... Love ya gunderbutt...

6 comments:

kris said...

You are so right...she is such a great example and truly a sweetheart (just like her mommma)
Happy Birthday Courtnee!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COURTNEE!!! We love you so much, levi said the last time he was home he cant believe how grown up you are. We both think the world of you... love a kid.

Nancy & Levi

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COURTNEE. You are truly a special young woman. You radiate the true love of Christ, in your actions, words, and example. You bring joy to every life you touch. I love you, and thanks for being such a special granddaughter!!! love, grandma

Keri said...

What a special blessing to have in your life. She seems really sweet. I cant believe you have a 12 year old. She is in Young Womens, what a special time in her life. I love working with the Young Women, I always think of you and what a good friend you were when I was going through my hardest times in life. (By the way, I will have a 12 year old in like 3 weeks---agh!!!!) Oh, did I tell you that someone toilet papered the neighbors house, and I said to my self, I didnt know people even did that anymore. Then I thought back to some fun slumber parties, and attempts to be rebelious that always failed. Good times, great fun. Love ya!!!

TheWesselmanWeekly said...

Wow, you have a 12 old. She seems to be an angel, good thing she is the oldest to those boys!! If I remember right you were a help to your mom and dad, she is just learning from the best!! Happy Birthday Courtnee!!!

P.S. My cousin Kim was induced to have her baby today....have not heard anything yet!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks mommy, you and dad are the most amazing parents!! and this is an awesome birthday!!!!!! Love ya so so so so so so so so so so so much!!!!!