That is about the only way to describe where I have been the last ten days... Not down as is sad (well ya some of that too,) but down as in for the count... This may be a long post, but I am posting it for me to have one day to remember, so if you want to skip this one, feel free... :) Lets see, I guess we will start back last Tuesday morning the 18Th, in the wee hours of the morning.. I was awoken to sharp, excruciating pain in my tooth... WOW, did it hurt.. Got up took some ibuprofen and called my dentist and left a message, knowing he was not going to call me back at 3 am.. :) So I layed on the couch with the heat, pretty much just sobbing from the pain... 7:15 my dentist calls me from his house on his way into the office and tells me to come in at 10... Holy nice dentist, oh yes.... A long hour spent in his chair listening to him drill a tooth, that by the way had already had one root canal done on it 8 years ago by some quack of a dentist, and totally messed it up, along with about 4 other teeth in my mouth... GRRR... I hope that mean guy is not still a dentist... Anywhoo, completed the root canal, put me on antibiotics, pain meds and sent me on my way...
By 4:00 I was in a massive amount of pain and the pain killers were not even touching it. So the awesome guy he is, my dentist called me in something else for the pain... Made it through the night and most of Wednesday just in massive amounts of pain... By 10 pm, I was shaking and crying and begging Troy to take me to the hospital... Which being the most amazing man, he took me, and held my hand the whole night as the tears just fell from my eyes and I just weeped... Plan of attack.. Start with shot of "good stuff" ya it better be good, because the pain of it going in was awful... Since it takes about 20 minutes to work we wait, I agonize... 45 minutes pass and the Dr. asks if I had any relief, with my tear soaked face I nodded, no.... 2ND option, 2 percocet.... After these I am starting to feel slightly less agitated, but still the tears fell... My husband is my rock.. He sat there the whole time and just watched in horror as I was in so much pain... 3rd option... Numb every part of my face that is close to this tooth... So we did... A little less pain, but still it just throbbed... By this time the ER doc was getting concerned that nothing was helping me... So he ordered a CT scan... We waited for someone in the ER that could actually find and hit a vein in my arm... :) With that all set, it was off to CT for some pics... THE RESULTS ARE IN.... drum roll please.... It was in fact my sinus bone that was severely infected, and not my tooth... The pain just manifested down through my tooth... So they told me to set up an appt with and ENT and to go home and rest... Funny... So for the next few days I went home and tried to rest, still in so much pain... On Friday I called the dentist to get more pain pills, he told me he wanted to put me on some steroids too, helps sometimes with really bad infections... I will do anything at this point.. :) That night my dentist met Troy, yes I said met him at Walgreens to give him a script for me some pain medication... This guy is truly a saint... How many dentists do that?? So we were set, pain meds, steroids, heat, ibuprofen, antibiotic.... Gradually the pain lessened, the swelling on my right side of my face went down, I was starting to feel like I might live to see another day... That was the weekend... My mom helped me out a ton, had great dinners brought in from friends and family..
Monday-Wednesday... wake up feeling shaky, skin crawling (kinda how you feel when someone runs their nails down a chalk board), goose bumps with no fever, laying wide awake all night long.... Felt like at night I had drank 20 cups of coffee... Oh not to mention the lovely fact that every time I ate or drank anything my tongue tasted like acid was just poured on it.. By Wed, I had a meltdown... I couldn't do it, I could not function, and again the tears just fell, and fell... My mom came over to help me, Troy's mom came over to help me.... Nancy came and got the baby early... Bad day... By this time I am thinking give me back the pain and I will give you back, the sleepless nights, the feeling of wanting to jump out of my skin, the horrid tastes in my mouth, the dripping sweats, the heart racing, the goose bumps, the shakes... All of it.... I know every drug affects everyone different, and after talking to the pharmacy found that not everyone has all of these symptoms... By Wed night I was beyond exhaustion, and beyond taking anymore of this sickness... I took a big giant sleeping pill and was able to get some rest... Thank goodness... I am hoping this is the end of this little adventure for me, because I cannot take anymore of the fun... I really feel like I fell off the planet the last 10 days, so if you were wondering that's why... Troy, he was my knight in shining amour... He saved the day many days, by coming home early... He watched me suffer and loved me through it... He was my rock... I love him more than he will ever know... Thanks honey... A huge thanks to my mom, who went above and beyond for me, and to everyone else who made my recovery a tad bit easier, I love you!!

4 comments:
and my most AMAZING mom!!!!
somedays your mom is amazing!!! but she still appreciates everything that your family and friends did for you, to help make a bad situation a little better. moms can only do so much, it is always nice to have many hands helping... thanks to all the great people in your life....
I'm so sorry! That post made me feel sick and...I think I even felt pain. You poor poor baby - glad you made it through. I'm so sorry - again - that you had to go through that.
Post a Comment