We took the kids Roller Skating this weekend, to get away from the cold and rain. I was actually surprised how well they did on "skates" not blades. They had the best time, and as I watched them I was having major 1980's flashbacks of Roller Skating. Growing up in a small town Roller Skating was really the only thing there was to do for fun. I remember many nights at the ole Roller Rink. The things we did on skates.... the limbo, the number game, the races, the disco skating, requesting songs etc. (I wonder if they still do any of this.) And then there was trying to skate by putting one foot in front of the other, or backwards skating (only the pros could do this). Until I watched my own kids skate I had forgotten the great times I once had on skates. Good times... :)
4 months ago

4 comments:
That's funny! The kids went roller skating a few months ago and it brought back memories of good ol' Sunburst skating rink...this place even had the brown skates with the orange laces!
I loved that number game they used to play and remember that horrible brown carpet? Those were good times...
Hope your weather gets better!
That does bring back memories! I remember having my 8th birthday party at "Sunburst"- I loved going there!- The only thing I did not like was being on the end of the "whip"- remember everyone lines up and you get going really fast and "whip" off the person on the end? WHOA! Thanks for bringing back those memories Kris and Amanda. :)
How fun! I loved roller skating when I was little. What fun memories!
Skating was such the thing in our time. I remember thinking how cool I was in roller skates. Your kids are so darling and I have to say Courtney is so sweet. She was so nice to Kaela the other night!
Post a Comment