So excited for this post... A few weeks ago I received a phone call from Stockton's principal.. She proceeded to tell me that his school was one of a few schools in our area selected to go to the Capital and have lunch with a State Representative.. From their school only 2 students were selected to go, and they had chose Stockton as one of them.. I was elated... I got special permission to go with him, and the other girl (named Courtnee, weird huh) and her Mom... What an amazing experience.. I learned so much, and was so intrigued, I want to learn more... Here are some pictures of our amazing day... Thanks mom for watching the boys, so I could experience this with Stockton.. :)
This is called the Gold Room, nothing really happens here, just a pretty room.. Although where the flags are, is usually where they do stuff on TV... :)
This is called the Gold Room, nothing really happens here, just a pretty room.. Although where the flags are, is usually where they do stuff on TV... :)
Me, Stockton, Diana and Courtnee standing on the amazing staircase.. :)
Me & Stockton..
The amazing artwork.. I think the ceiling here was like 195 feet up.. Simply breathtaking.. :)
A different view from the 3rd floor..
I was totally in love with the stairs, and all of the marble in there..
This was in the House of Representatives session.. This screen was up in the balcony for us to see, who was voting and if they were voting yes or no.. Very interesting.. I was quite shocked at the start of the session they opened with a prayer, I never thought I would see that there..
The House of Representatives in session..
The Supreme Court Room..
The Senate in session..
Stockton, outside the Governors office...
The Governors office..
On the actual floor of the House of Representatives.. :)
The buttons on the Representatives desks... Interesting..:)
So beautiful...
Stockton and Rep. Newbold at lunch.. :)
The kids in our city who were invited to eat lunch with Rep. Newbold..
Courtnee, Rep. Newbold and Stockton...
Stockton... :)
What a great day, one I will remember forever.. :) So proud of Stockton and all of his accomplishments.

3 comments:
So awesome! Everything looks amazsing:} Congrats to Stock:}
he is an amazing kid.... so happy you were able to experience this with him.... now make sure you register to VOTE!!!!!
What a memorable experience! I think it's so awesome how well you documented everything so he will remember this day :)
Post a Comment