Friday, July 1, 2011

Girls Camp...

I was asked to be the assistant camp director this year for the girls camp... We went up to the Heber Valley Campground, or as it is often called The Temple on The Mountain.. It was truly a moving experience for me.. I had so much fun, loved every minute of it.. Just a few of my favorites pics and memories from camp..

Our campsite.. Cabins, pavilion, tables, restrooms, showers, gas stoves, fridges, water, storage, fire pit... LOVED.. :)


Our cabin... Each cabin fit 16 people.. They were so cozy.



Our Camp Director, Kami.. She was just amazing.. Loved working with her.


Challenge Course 3.. This is court doing the zip line challenge... Up the net..


Crossing the ladder...


Down the zip line.


Spider web challenge, had to get every girl through a different hole without letting any part of her touch the rope.. :)


The perfect 4 marshmallow smore.. DIVINE.. :)


Coloring on the table cloths.. They did this a lot, loved looking at all of their drawings.


Go team pink!!


My cabin girls.. Loved every one of them.. :)


This was probably my most favorite thing that we did at camp. The canoe challenge.. The girls all got into their canoes, paddled out into the middle of the lake and stopped.. There was 2 minutes of silence and then all of the girls sang I Feel My Saviors Love... I was the only one from our group who stayed back on the shore and really the only one in our group that could hear them.. It literally gave me goose bumps.. What an amazing thing to witness... One that I will always hold dear to my heart.. :D


Chalet, Courtnee and Laura..


My cute Courtnee Jane..


Abby, Laura and Court..


The main reason I went to camp.. So I could experience this whole thing with my sweet Courtnee.. Man I love this girl.. :)



We did so many amazing things up there... We played tons of minute to win it challenges, winner was immune from cooking or cleaning.. Needless to say my team pink always was cooking or cleaning.. :) We sang, did skits, made lots of crafts, had quiet time, played musical cabins, ate like kings, watched the wildlife, met amazing new people, and much much more.. But most importantly I think we all grew, spiritually... :) Thanks girls, leaders, and everyone else for making it marvelous..

2 comments:

Casey said...

You did such an amazing job with camp! It was totally inspired to call someone as kind, patient and creative as you! I loved being up there for a few days with you--it was so relaxing and fun! Love ya!

kris said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing the pics...I've heard so many awesome things about that place. Talk about camping in style :)