Thursday, August 2, 2007

Summer Faves...

Just thought I would share a few of my summer favorites.
(1-)No school, which in turn means; no homework, no getting up early, no set schedules, lots of free time, no set bedtimes (well sort of), but most of all getting to spend time with my kids, family and friends.
(2-) Corn on the cob, (with lots of salt and butter) YUMMY!!!! I just love all the fresh garden veggies in the summer time, but I think corn is my #1 favorite, followed by fresh garden tomatoes a very close 2nd. BLT sandwiches are another summer best.
(3-)Green grass and fresh rain. Two of my favorite smells are fresh cut grass, and the smell after a rain storm and during the summer I get to smell them both.
(4-)Ice cream cones. Home made vanilla is the best!
(5-) Swimming. It is so fun to watch the kids swim, especially with all the cute pics I get. :)


2 comments:

Casey said...

Cute pics! Was that your pool in Mesquite? Whenever you want to have us over for some good corn, let me know:)

Anonymous said...

fun pics...I love the smell of fresh cut grass, too. And there's nothing better than fresh veggies from the garden!
We enjoyed seeing you guys this summer, wish we lived closer!
kris